For Inpatient Referrals to Gaylord Hospital, call the Admissions Department at(203) 284-2810, use AllScripts, or FAX:(203) 284-2811. Gaylord's Admissions Department can answer initial questions and have a Regional Healthcare Manager, who is a registered nurse, review the patient's clinical needs, conduct a physical evaluation and determine whether the patient is appropriate for admission to Gaylord. A dedicated admissions nurse conducts chart reviews for patients located outside of our geographic area.
- Does the patient have multisystem failures?
- Is the patient on a ventilator?
- Is the patient in need of intensive wound care?
- Is the patient too unstable for transfer to a lower level of care?
- Is the patient’s rehabilitation compromised by acute medical issues?
- Is the patient’s anticipated length of stay longer than 14 days?
- Is the patient in the intensive care unit?
Gaylord Hospital cares for complex medical patients in need of both acute medical care and therapy services. If the answer to one or more of the evaluation questions is yes, the patient may be eligible for admission to Gaylord Hospital. Please call the Admissions Department at (203) 284-2810, or use AllScripts, to schedule a Gaylord evaluation for your patient.
Admissions Department: (203) 284-2810, Admissions@gaylord.org
Admissions Department Fax: (203) 284-2811