Located in Wallingford, Connecticut, Gaylord Specialty Healthcare was founded in 1902 as a tuberculosis sanatorium. Since then, Gaylord has grown into a 137-bed long-term acute care hospital specializing in medical management and rehabilitation for patients who have suffered acute illnesses or a traumatic accident. Gaylord’s signature programs are in Pulmonary, Spinal Cord Injury, Traumatic Brain Injury and Stroke. Our Outpatient programs include Pulmonary Rehabilitation, Physical Therapy, Orthopedics and Sports Medicine as well as a Concussion Center.
Our mission is to preserve and enhance a person’s health and function. We continually strive to fulfill our mission by integrating our ICARE values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence into our daily patient care practices and workplace.
See our Think Possible television ad
See some of our Patient Stories
Gaylord’s main campus is located on 500 acres in scenic Wallingford. We also operate two outpatient centers—one at the main campus and one in North Haven at the Gaylord Wellness Center.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Gaylord offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package.
Working at Gaylord Specialty Healthcare
Download "Working at Gaylord" pdf
With a diverse workforce of approximately 850 employees, Gaylord Specialty Healthcare is one of the largest employers in Wallingford and important contributor to the local and regional economy. As a Gaylord employee, you will enjoy:
- A wide range of career and employment opportunities including career ladders in Nursing and Therapy Services. Competitive salaries.
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Dedication to work-life balance with programs to promote a healthy workplace and lifestyle.
- Warm, friendly atmosphere where you develop close bonds with your peers and have easy access to all levels of administration. This includes transparent, open communication in the form of quarterly Town Hall meetings with the CEO.
- Opportunities to participate in a variety of employee engagement committees.
- A robust employee rewards & recognition program including quarterly and annual Employee of the Year celebrations.
- A safe and secure scenic country campus adjacently located to a private golf club with free and ample parking.
Information on Completing the Application Process
- You must have an e-mail address to continue with the application process.
- You will be asked to create a username and password. Please remember and confidentially record your username and password for future reference.
- Please fill out the application completely. If you are attaching a resume, be certain to answer each question on the application in addition to attaching the resume. Please do not state “see resume" in place of entering completed on the application.
- You will need to submit professional references from current or previous supervisors or managers and will need to provide license and certification details including numbers and expiration dates, if applicable.
- Once your application has been successfully submitted, you may, and are encouraged to periodically check the status of your application on-line.
- For safety and compliance purposes, all Gaylord employees are subject to clearance through appropriate criminal background, federal sanctions, and reference checks. Additionally, health clearance, which includes a medical examination and drug screening, is required. All offers of employment and employment continuation are contingent upon successful clearance through these processes.
- To foster a positive workplace experience, new employees are required to participate in a New Employee Orientation, which offers an in-depth introduction to Gaylord.