Gaylord’s treating teams are led by physicians who are responsible for patient care. Gaylord physicians include:
- Hospitalists - Physicians who specialize in internal medicine. They focus on adult medicine and are dedicated to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases. Internal medicine physicians (or internists) are referred to as the “doctor’s doctor,” because they often serve as consultants to other physicians in diagnosing health problems from the simple to the complex.
- Pulmonologists - Physicians who possess knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary (lung) conditions and diseases.
- Physiatrists - Physicians who specialize in physical medicine and rehabilitation. They deal with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disability caused by acute or chronic disease or injury.
- Sleep Medicine Physicians - Physicians who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders such as sleep apnea and insomnia.
- Other specialties represented by the medical staff include, neurology, rheumatology, geriatrics and psychiatry.
Gaylord’s medical services staff includes mid-level professionals who are physician assistants and advanced practice registered nurses. They provide medical monitoring and management, answer medical questions and address patient and family concerns.