Rehabilitation is one of our hallmark services. State-of-the-art rehabilitation, as part of a patient’s care plan, can help prevent physical deterioration and help begin the recovery process sooner.
Rehabilitation at Gaylord consists of:
Compassionate care is a hallmark of Gaylord’s rehabilitation program. We focus on providing individualized medical treatment, appropriate pain management, and counseling and support services.
At the heart of the rehabilitation program are the medical and therapy services needed to work toward maximizing physical ability, to teach about disability, and to assure patients and families that a functional world exists for them.
Patients use these services to meet their needs:
- Physician Services
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Language Pathology
- Respiratory Care
- Care Coordination
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Food and Nutrition Services (download our Nutrition Professionals brochure)
Providing Care Beyond the Ordinary
- Gaylord is accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
- Gaylord Hospital is one of only 14 Model Spinal Cord Injury Centers in the country designated by the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation
- Gaylord is a premier partner in MYOMO (My Own Motion) neurorobotic technology
- The Traurig Transitional Living Center is an eight-bed residential care home on our campus for patients with acquired brain injury. It is the only center of its kind in Connecticut and 99% of Traurig residents return to the community.
- Partnering with Healthtrax Fitness and Wellness Centers, Gaylord provides area residents with a contemporary fitness center where the staff and programming works with the individual to improve cardiovascular health, strength and endurance. People can also take advantage of Gaylord's outpatient therapy services which are located within the fitness center.
Gaylord Physical Therapy, Orthopedics and Sports Medicine at North Haven: (203) 230-9226
Wallingford Outpatient Therapy at Gaylord Hospital: (203) 284-2888
Download our Wallingford Outpatient Neurological Therapy brochure (click link)
Outpatient Fax: (203) 294-8705
Inpatient Admissions: (203) 284-2810