Ekso Bionic Exoskeleton
SCI Model System
Technologies and Therapies
Our Approach to Care
Gaylord’s Spinal Cord Injury Program is dedicated to guiding you to the most independent, productive life possible. We offer comprehensive, integrated rehabilitation that helps you maximize your unique abilities. Our program draws on the expertise of a complete Care Team of specialists – physicians, physiatrists, nurses, psychologists, care managers, nutritionists, pulmonary/respiratory specialists, as well as physical, occupational, speech and recreational therapists. We use the latest technologies and research to provide individualized care that focuses on the “complete patient” – body, mind and spirit. Above all, we help you set realistic goals and give you the skills to make the most of work, home and life.
Gaylord's Spinal Cord Program
Dr. David Rosenblum, medical director of rehabilitation, describes our spinal cord injury (SCI) program.
Jonathan was studying in India when he fell from a 70 foot cliff suffering a complete C5-C6 spinal cord injury. He spent two and a half months doing his rehabilitation at Gaylord.
Mike was hit by a car while riding his bike as part of his training for a triathlon. He was one of our first patients to try our new Ekso bionic exoskleteton.
- Member of New England Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center
- Program designated by U.S. National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation
- Research as Spinal Cord Injury Model System (one of only 14 nationwide)
- Caregiver support groups
- Hands-on education for care at home
- Access to community resources for ongoing support services
- Family-oriented approach that encourages participation in therapy and support groups
Inpatient Admissions Office: (203) 284-2810
Fax: (203) 284-2811
Outpatient Appointments: (203) 284-2888