If you’re having trouble falling asleep or staying asleep, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you concerned about getting a good night’s sleep?
- Do you have frequent awakenings or early morning awakenings?
- Do you worry or feel anxious at bedtime or try “too hard” to sleep?
- Do you spend too much time in bed?
- Do you have an inconsistent sleep schedule?
- Are you tired in the daytime?
- Do you have problems on the job or moodiness?
- Are you worried about the quality of your sleep?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may have insomnia. Insomnia—the inability to fall asleep or stay asleep—affects one out of three adults in the U.S. However, insomnia is treatable. At Gaylord, we work with clients to identify and deal with the factors that cause their insomnia and help them sleep better.
The Insomnia Treatment program at Gaylord is designed to help people who have problems getting a good night’s sleep. Patients meet once a week as a group to learn about sleep and ways to improve their sleep. Each of the seven sessions lasts for 90 minutes.
How to Make an Appointment
If you think you may have insomnia, talk to your doctor and ask about Gaylord Sleep Medicine. Or call Gaylord Sleep Medicine at (203) 284-2818 to schedule an appointment with one of our sleep specialists. You can also click the link below and fill out our online "Request an Appointment" form.
- Click here to request an appointment using our online form.
Read our Insomnia Facts brochure to find out more about our Insomnia Workshop.
Click here for more details about the Gaylord Sleep Medicine program.