Gaylord Hospital Ethical Billing Practices
The Gaylord Hospital, Inc. charges for services in accordance with billing polices to the extent that the services for which the charges are being billed follow these criteria:
- The services are rendered to the patient.
- The services are rendered by a medical professional with an appropriate license.
- The services are supported with complete and accurate documentation in the medical record.
- The services are accurately coded based on current payer and government standards.
- The services are billed in accordance with the terms of the third party contract, if applicable.
- The services to uninsured patients are billed at rates not to exceed the terms of the contracted payers.
- The billing information will be retained for the period required by law.