Physician referrals are requested.
Self-referrals are welcome.
For Inpatient Referrals to Gaylord Hospital, call the Admissions Department at (203) 284-2810. Gaylord's regional health care managers will answer your questions and facilitate your patient admissions.
The Admissions Department will collect the necessary medical information and channel all paperwork to the appropriate sources. A regional health care manager, who is a registered nurse, will conduct a physical evaluation of the patient to determine whether the patient is appropriate for admission to Gaylord. We have a dedicated admissions nurse who will conduct a chart review for patients located outside of our geographic area.
Gaylord Hospital cares for complex medical patients in need of both acute medical care and therapy services. If the answer to one or more of the follow questions is yes, the patient may be eligible for admission to Gaylord Hospital. Please call the Admissions Department at (203) 284-2810, or use AllScripts, to schedule a Gaylord evaluation for your patient.
- Does the patient have multisystem failures?
- Is the patient on a ventilator?
- Is the patient in need of intensive wound care?
- Is the patient too unstable for transfer to a lower level of care?
- Is the patient’s rehabilitation compromised by acute medical issues?
- Is the patient’s anticipated length of stay approximately 14 days?
- Is the patient in the intensive care unit?
Admissions Department Fax: (203) 284-2811
To make an Outpatient Referral, call the Outpatient Department at (203) 284-2888.
Outpatient Department Fax: (203) 294-8705
Outpatient Referral Form
Gaylord accepts Medicare, Medicaid and major health insurance plans for both inpatient and outpatient.