The Gaylord Sports Association is committed to a strong safety program that protects its participants, its staff, its property and the public from accidents. Everyone is responsible and accountable for the Sports Association’s overall safety initiatives, including our management, staff, coaches, instructors, volunteers, participants and guests. Complete and active participation by everyone, every day, in every role is necessary for the safety among all participants. We support a safe environment for our participants by educating our staff, coaches, instructors and volunteers and by providing proper equipment, training and procedures. Our staff are responsible for following all procedures, working safely, and, wherever possible, improving safety measures. An injury and accident-free program is our goal. We ask any participant who has a safety concern or experiences a safety incident to let us know immediately so that we can respond to the situation promptly.
To support our Safety policy statement we are committed to the following duties:
- Create a safe environment by putting safety measures in place.
- Ensure that all members are given the appropriate level of instruction for safe participation in the sport based on their ability level.
- Ensure that all members are aware of, understand and follow the Sports Association’s safety policies.
- Ensure that normal operating procedures and emergency operating procedures are in place and known by all members.
- Provide access to adequate first aid facilities, telephone and qualified first aider at all times.
- Report any injuries or accidents sustained during any Sports Association program or while on premises.
- Implement athlete protection measures such as background screening for staff, coaches and instructors, Safesport training and non-tolerance for verbal or physical misconduct, abuse or harassment.
- Ensure that the implementation of the policy is reviewed regularly and monitored for effectiveness.
Sports Association members have a duty to:
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or not do.
- Follow the Sports Association safety policies.
- Follow the Sports Association Code of Conduct.
- Correctly use all equipment provided by the Sports Association.
- Not interfere with or misuse anything provided for your health, safety or welfare.