- Health insurance card(s)
- Automobile insurance information, if applicable
- Personal identification with photo
- School transcripts (for school-aged children and college students)
- Copy of Advance Directives, if you have them
- Contact information for family members and friends
- Names and location of healthcare providers to receive discharge summary information
Equipment: Please bring any assistive devices or other equipment you may be using so our staff can check them over. These may include:
- cane or crutches
- braces, including back braces
- orthopedic corset
- artificial limbs
- eye-glasses and case
- dentures and container
- hearing aides and case
Toiletries: Bring basic toiletry items—hairbrush, comb, toothbrush and paste, denture cleaner, disposable razors, deodorant, favorite shampoo or soap—that will make your stay more comfortable.
Electrical Appliances: For everyone’s safety, electrical items will be checked by our maintenance staff. Battery-operated equipment, is encouraged. Gaylord provides a television in your room and in the solarium of each unit.
Valuables: Do not bring jewelry and other valuable items to the hospital. Keep only a small amount of cash with you. A safe is available with the Security Department for deposit of larger amounts of money or other valuables. Gaylord is not responsible for loss of valuables.
Computers: Let your nurse know that you have a personal computer or tablet. The facilities staff will conduct an electrical check on the device. Once it’s cleared, you may connect via our wireless network to the Gaylord Hospital guest/patient network.