We met the Traurig Challenge! The community responded with great enthusiasm and donated $60,000 to release the Challenge money of $60,000. THANK YOU for responding for the call and helping make this possible. The new floors and bathrooms are being installed (see before and after photos below).
New Challenge for $20,000
If you have tackled any home updates you know that new needs or issues always pop up. This has happened with the Traurig House renovation, expanding the project and increasing costs. Based on feedback there were changes to the plans which include:
- Installing solid surface floors rather than carpeting for durability and infection control
- Replacing the dining room table and purchasing ten new chairs
- Adding seating to the living room
- Changing bedroom furniture and desks based on feedback
- Upgrading Internet wiring, routers and Wi-Fi to make it easy for patients to use computers and tablets to work on cognitive skills
This means we need to raise $30,000 in additional funds. The good news is that we already have $10,000 of that secured and we only need to raise $20,000 more. These extra changes will help ensure that Traurig is fully equipped to serve the needs of our brain injury patients. Would you consider giving an additional gift?