Contact the Inpatient Admissions Department
To refer a patient from an acute care setting, call the Admissions Department at (203) 284-2810, use AllScripts, or FAX: (203) 284-2811. Gaylord's Admissions staff can answer questions and have a Regional Healthcare Manager, who is a registered nurse, review the patient's clinical needs, conduct a physical evaluation and determine if the patient is appropriate for admission. An admissions nurse conducts chart reviews for patients located outside of our geographic area. Please note that during COVID all evaluations are conducted virtually or remotely.
- Does the patient have multisystem failures?
- Is the patient on a ventilator?
- Is the patient in need of intensive wound care?
- Is the patient too unstable for transfer to a lower level of care?
- Is the patient’s rehabilitation compromised by acute medical issues?
- Is the patient’s anticipated length of stay longer than 14 days?
- Is the patient in the intensive care unit?
If the answer to one or more of the evaluation questions is yes, the patient may be eligible for admission to Gaylord Hospital