Henry “Hank” Hrdlicka, PhD
Research Coordinator, Milne Institute for Healthcare Innovation
PhD, Biomedical Sciences, University of Connecticut at UConn Health, 2020
BS, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Nebraska Wesleyan University, 2014
Henry C. Hrdlicka, PhD, joined Gaylord Specialty Healthcare in September 2020 as the institution’s Research Coordinator. There he has supported on-going and new research projects by aiding in project development, IRB application writing and submission, data curation and analysis, abstract preparation for presentation at both national and regional conferences, and manuscript preparation and submission for peer review. Prior to his time at Gaylord Specialty Healthcare, Dr. Hrdlicka completed his PhD research in Biomedical Sciences at the University of Connecticut at UConn Health, in Farmington Connecticut. As part of the Skeletal Biology and Regeneration Department, he studied the role of the microRNA-29 family in osteoclast and osteoblast biology.
Contribution to Science
Research in progress including:
- Evaluating the impact of research education on clinical staff participation and interest in research.
- Reducing institutional falls through implementation of a Continuous Visual Monitoring system
- Hrdlicka HC, Pereira RC, Shin B, Yee SP, Deymier AC, Lee SK, Delany AM. Inhibition of miR-29-3p isoforms via tough decoy suppresses osteoblast function in homeostasis but promotes intermittent parathyroid hormone-induced bone anabolism. Bone. 2021 Feb;143:115779. doi: 10.1016/j.bone.2020.115779. Epub 2020 Nov 28. PMID: 33253931; PMCID: PMC7770763.
- Hrdlicka HC, Lee SK, Delany AM. MicroRNAs are Critical Regulators of Osteoclast Differentiation. Curr Mol Biol Rep. 2019 Feb;5(1):65-74. doi: 10.1007/s40610-019-0116-3. Epub 2019 Jan 16. PMID: 30800633; PMCID: PMC6380495.
- Smith SS, Dole NS, Franceschetti T, Hrdlicka HC, Delany AM. MicroRNA-433 Dampens Glucocorticoid Receptor Signaling, Impacting Circadian Rhythm and Osteoblastic Gene Expression. J Biol Chem. 2016 Oct 7;291(41):21717-21728. doi: 10.1074/jbc.M116.737890. Epub 2016 Aug 22. PMID: 27551048; PMCID: PMC5076840.
Research paper: Grevelding P, Hrdlicka HC, Holland S, Cullen L, Meyer A, Connors C, Cooper D, Greco A. Patient Outcomes and Lessons-Learned from Treating Patients with Severe COVID-19 at a Long-Term Acute Care Hospital. White Paper. 2020.
Numerous presentations at state and national level.