Gaylord Specialty Healthcare is monitoring the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and is employing protective measures to ensure the well-being of our patients and staff.
Please see below for the latest updates.
The page will be updated frequently, so please check back regularly.
COVID Testing in CT Gaylord COVID-19 Recovery Services
Send a Gaylord inpatient an e-WellWish. Your greeting will be printed and delivered by a staff member.
August 12, 2021
UPDATE: Visitor Guidelines effective Friday, August 13, 2021
Visitor Guidelines PDF
Gaylord Hospital monitors the COVID-19 cases in the state and continues to modify inpatient visitation as needed. The changes found below are effective Friday, August 13, 2021.
Patients who are determined to have psychosocial needs that would benefit from in-person visitation will designate two visitors (which remain the same) for in-person visitation during their entire stay at Gaylord. Patients Under Investigation (PUI) for COVID-19 or who are COVID-19 positive (+) are excluded from having in-person visitors.
Each patient will be allowed to have two designated Visitors (12 years of age or older) for their stay at Gaylord and will be asked to adhere to the following rules:
• Visit between the hours of 12 noon – 7 p.m. Sunday - Saturday.
• Visitors will enter and exit via the Jackson Pavilion main entrance.
• Visitors must check in and check out at the Jackson Security desk.
• Visitors must show proper photo identification and be screened per COVID-19 Risk Screening questions upon entry to Gaylord.
• Visitors must mask at all times and maintain social distancing.
• Patients with children under the age of 12 must have visitation arranged through the care manager.
• Visits must take place in the patient’s room or outside patio (outside visit will be determined if it is safe for the patient by the medical staff and healthcare team)
• Food and flower deliveries are permitted, but perishable food cannot be stored in the kitchen area and must be discarded.
• Visitors are welcome to visit the cafe but ask that they enjoy their meal selections within the patient rooms as the shared spaces in the hospital continue to be reserved for our employees at this time.
• Overnight visitors/extending visitation are limited to adolescent patient/special needs patient’s parent or guardian, end of life situations, or scheduled training for discharge. PPE will be provided as necessary.
Unvaccinated Visitors traveling from outside of New England, NY, and NJ must be quarantined upon arrival to CT for a minimum of four (4) days, obtain a COVID test after quarantine, and show proof of a negative test prior to visitation. Vaccinated visitors traveling from outside of the New England, NY, and NJ must show proof of full vaccination prior to visiting.
CDC: Learn more about the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
State of Connecticut: If you have questions about COVID-19, you can contact the State of Connecticut Department of Public Health by: