Workers' Compensation Expertise
Gaylord provides coordinated, individually managed, team-based, rehabilitative and complex medical care for injured workers in both inpatient and outpatient areas. Treatment plans are created and led by a board certified medical director with extensive experience in workers' compensation and coordinated by a dedicated Care Manager. We provide the injured worker with the latest evidence-based rehabilitation in a healing environment.
Our Workers’ Compensation inpatient and outpatient liaison team will establish a direct line of communication between Gaylord and the adjustor or Nurse Case Manager assigned. This facilitates the injured worker’s progress toward achieving goals of treatment and return to work. Our practice also includes a Manager of Payer Relations who establishes new workers’ compensation contracts and negotiates single case agreements. Consistent communication between all professionals ensures appropriate care, reimbursement, and execution of contracts related to the injured worker's rehabilitation at Gaylord.
Services that differentiate Gaylord from other programs include, but are not limited to:
- Advanced rehabilitation technology
- Ekso® Bionic exoskeleton for stroke and spinal cord injury - Gaylord has the only Ekso in Connecticut.
- Complex wound care and multi-trauma management
- Gaylord Sports Association, the largest adaptive sports program in Connecticut
- Guest cottages on campus for families
- Home safety evaluations
- Neuropsychology evaluations and treatment
- Non-opiod pain management
- Peer mentoring