Patient Experience Office
Patient Experience Office Mission: To engage the patients and staff to partner TOGETHER for a positive Gaylord experience.
Gaylord’s goal is to provide exceptional healthcare that is both patient-centered and family-centered. We use the best practices in providing care and continually educate our staff in the latest clinical information and skills while investing in the newest technology. It is very important that our patients to feel like they are part of the care team and that they are receiving the best service and the highest quality of care. To help meet these goals, representatives from our Patient Experience Office are in regular contact with our inpatients and outpatients.
The Patient Experience team's responsibilities include:
- Gathering patient and family opinions and information about their experiences at Gaylord.
- Meeting with patients and asking questions that are directly related to the care and services they are receiving. All responses are confidential and patients are encouraged to be open and direct.
- Sharing patient appreciation for staff members by recognizing staff with Certificates of Service Excellence.
- Meeting regularly with the Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) that consists of former patients who can provide “the patient perspective.” This input helps guide organizational changes or decisions related to care delivery and customer service.
- Recruiting, training and managing all Gaylord Volunteers, including the Peer Mentor Program. Peer mentors are former acquired brain injury patients are available to offer support and guidance to current patients.
- Managing all reservations for Gaylord's on campus guest cottages.
Location: The office is located just off the lobby in the Jackson Pavilion.
Phone: (203) 741-3328