Lorraine A. Cullen MS, RRT, RRT-ACCS
Senior Director, Clinical Services
Master of Science, Leadership, Northeastern University 2015
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, Eastern Connecticut State University 2001
Associate of Science, Respiratory Care, Manchester Community-Technical College 1994
Lorraine Cullen transitioned to the role of Senior Director, Clinical Services in October 2020. In this role she assists in developing and managing the continuity of patient care, programs, research and growth strategies across service lines while ensuring a high level of quality and efficient operations. She also has a strong focus in the daily operations and optimization of clinical services. Cullen also directly oversees all aspects of operations for the Respiratory Department and directs operations for the Radiology department.
In 2018 Cullen became the Chair of the Institutional Review Board at Gaylord. She is also a member of the Milne Institute for Healthcare Innovation, founded in 2020.
Cullen is board certified as an adult critical care specialist and is a member of the American Association of Respiratory Care. She was also a board member for the Connecticut Association for Respiratory Care from 2013-2016. Her professional interests include clinical outcomes, ventilator weaning, and stroke.
Contribution to Science
Research in progress including:
- Principal Investigator: Use of low magnet strength MRI to evaluate stroke
Research paper: Patient Outcomes and Lessons-Learned from Treating Patients with Severe COVID-19 at a Long Term Care Hospital
Numerous presentations at state and local level
- Dec 2018- Presented at the American Association for Respiratory Care National Congress: Vent Days Reduction with Heated High Flow Humidification in Post-Acute Care
- May 2017- Poster presentation at NALTH Annual Meeting: Use of Heated High Flow Humidity with Ventilator and Tracheostomy Weaning
- May 2017- Co-contributor of poster presentation at American Thoracic Society Annual Meeting: Nocturnal Use of Passy Muir Valve in a LTACH
- May 2014- Co-contributor of poster presentation at American Thoracic Society Annual Meeting: RT Driven Decannulation Protocol