Gaylord Physical Therapy
facilities are located in Cheshire, Cromwell, North Haven and at our newest location in Madison in March of 2022. Neurological physical therapy is offered at our Wallingford location through Outpatient Services. Our PT specialists help patients of all ages regain their highest level of physical performance possible with targeted, individualized plans based on each patient’s goals.
Gaylord PT focuses on orthopedic rehabilitation, which involves muscles, bones, joints, tendons, and ligaments. It draws on the expertise and technology of the Gaylord Specialty Healthcare system to deliver the highest level of physical therapy resources to every patient. We evaluate and treat a wide array of orthopedic based dysfunctions and sports injuries including but not limited to:
- Degenerative conditions of the spine and peripheral joints
- Acute muscle strains
- Ligament sprains
- Post surgical care
- Workers' compensation injuries
- Sports injuries
Gaylord physical therapists are experts in recovery from many types of injuries and medical conditions. They employ leading technologies and proven techniques to accelerate the recovery of motion and function.
Our Status During COVID-19
Gaylord remains vigilant with infection prevention and is adhering to all CDC guidelines. With safety as our highest priority, we continue to implement the following:
- Treatment and waiting areas have been spaced 6 feet apart.
- All patients and staff are required to wear masks.
- Everyone entering our facilities will be screened for temperature and COVID symptoms.
- Our staff is cleaning equipment and surfaces following infection prevention guidelines.
- We offer telehealth as another option for patient care.
No physician referral is needed to schedule a physical therapy appointment. Direct Access is a law that lets patients schedule up to six physical therapy appointments without a doctor's referral for most insurances